In this article (blog), you will be discussing about business email etiquette. The client will give their opinions and talk about the following points:
- experiences with good and bad emails
- what makes good or bad email
- going over and discussing an email checklist before sending
- the future on email manners
- lightly touching on permission marketing
Please see here for the article discussion: Email Etiquette
Emails are a tough business for ESL students. I constantly get requests on how can I improve or can you go over this mail I wrote with me. Since most textbooks I have gone through don’t have any case scenarios, I decided to include some lessons revolving around this subject.
In all honesty though, it would be better if you can get your student to bring in some emails they have written so you can hash it out together as these are real live mails and are really catered to their needs. If you can’t here are some lessons.
Note to the client the difference between internal and external mails. Be careful of language choice.
- Email – Meeting Requests – Beginner
- Email – Internal Meeting Requests – Intermediate
- Email – External Meeting Request – Intermediate