In this post, the discussion will be about small talk.
- When do you do small talk?
- When do you avoid small talk?
- How do you feel about small talk?
- How much time do you spend doing small talks?
- Do you think small talk is important? Why (not)?
- Do you use the same questions with everyone?
- What is your challenge with small talk?
- Which is better, asking questions or answering questions?
- How do you introduce yourself?
- How do you handle awkward silence?
- How do you know if this is a person you will continue a relationship with?
- When and how do you exchange personal information?
- How do you back out of a conversation?
- How do you transition the conversation from small talk to actual business?
Small Talk Questions:
- Do you think asking about the weather is good? Why (not)?
- Do you think asking about someone’s job is good? Why (not)?
- What is your favorite question to ask? Why?
- What is your back pocket question?
- How do you break the ice?
What are opened ended questions to ask to keep the conversation going? Examples:
- Describe for me…
- Tell me about….
- How did you…
- What was that like for you?
- What brought you to…
- Why?/How come?
How would you respond to these questions?
- Describe a typical day at the job.
- What got you interested in your job?
- What do you enjoy most about your profession?
- What do you see at the coming trends in your business?
- What was the best job you ever did? The worst?
- Tell me about the best vacation you ever taken?
- What’s your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
- If you could replay any moment in your life, what would it be?
- Tell me about your kids/family.
- Describe a memorable teacher you had.
- What’s the origin/history of your last name?
- Why were you named _____?
- Tell me something most people would never guess about you.